2 Cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, separated
2 cups milk
1/4 cup homemade ricotta
For the syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients
- In separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry
- In large bowl beat egg yolks, milk and ricotta until smooth and then add dry ingredients gently with a large spoon.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add nuts and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant
- Add bananas that have been thinly sliced, stirring for about 2 minutes
- Add the syrup and cook for 2 minutes longer, until the syrup is hot and slightly thickened.
The pancakes were good, but Daisy was a little concerned before she ate when I told her I had made cheese pancakes. She told me she did not think that sounded good and wanted her cheese to be on the side.
Keep tuned for tomorrow's post where I will post about my 3rd attempt at making mozzarella that I tried this evening.