Monday, July 25, 2011

The Beginning of my Cheese Journey


Hi, my name is Dannon.  For several years now my wife has been telling me I need to get a hobby.  She likes to paint and draw, but I do not have the patience for something like that.  Usually I just read books and I tell her that is my hobby.  Well recently I saw a poster at our local library about a cheese making class.  I like cooking, I like cheese, and I like doing things that most people don't know how to do, so I signed up.  In the class we learned the philosophy behind cheese making and made Ricotta cheese during the class.  It was fun and so begins my journey.

This blog will be a chronicle of my cheesy adventures.  From the mistakes to the successes, from the discovery of my own recipes to tips on how to get into cheese making yourself.  As I begin this journey the only equipment I have are things found in any kitchen in the United States.  I have an oven, I have pots, I have a ladle, I have milk, and I have vinegar and luckily I had some cheese cloth my wife happened to have.

In each post I will tell you about each of my cheese making escapades, and hopefully fill it with pictures of the process.  Enjoy and I hope you too will realize how truly easy it is to make your own cheese.


No comments: